Products from Australia, Brazil, Denmark, France, Jamaica, Morocco, and New Zealand.
Like most of you, when I travel there is also some amount of shopping that goes with that. This shopping sometimes includes buying products I might have forgotten at home, or maybe I just want to try something new or buy a present for someone. Living with Discord lupus I have to be very careful about the products I use on my body. So I often very matriculate in making sure the ingredients used to make the product doesn’t have toxins that would cause my lupus to flare.
Whether at the duty-free shops, in the airport, at a market or at the mall, we have all at some time bought products in the country we are visiting.
Then when we come home with whatever products we have bought, we realize that we don’t always get it right. Maybe because we didn’t have enough time to read about the product, or perhaps we just made an impulse buying decision.
Whatever it is, we have all been guilty.
We however sometimes do get it right, and listed below are a few products I would like to share with you from around the world, that I did get right. As someone living with
Cera Nutritiva Unhas E Cutículas Granado (from Brazil)
I love this product, love the smell of it and the fact that it makes my nails and cuticles look healthy.
- Moisturizes and strengthens brittle nails and dry cuticle
- Provides shine and a nice looking nail
- Produced from cereal vegetable wax associated with oat milk and a combination of silicone
- It does not look greasy. No parabens.
- Does not contain ingredients of animal origin
Manteiga Emoliente Granado (from Brazil)
A gorgeous product, I suffer from dry skin so I love using this to moisturize my hands and feet.
- This emollient butter provides intense moisturizing care
- It helps the skin regenerate to leave hands, feet, elbows, and knees feeling silky smooth but never sticky
- Enriched with murumuru, cupuaçu, and shea butter, the treatment is recommended for dry feet and heels
Manuka Honey, Facial Serum (from New Zealand)
This is honey for your face, an exquisite product that leaves your face feeling rejuvenated. With the damage from my skin because of lupus, I need all the help I can get. This product definitely helps.
- A lightweight serum designed to penetrate the skin and deliver many skin-loving ingredients
- Premium certified Manuka Honey 80+ and powerful antioxidant Vitamins A, C and E combine with a potent blend of Sweet Almond, Rosehip and Evening Primrose oils to moisturize, nourish and help protect skin from future damage
- Royal Jelly and Bee Pollen regenerate and rejuvenate the complexion for a radiant, healthy glow.
- Apply to cleansed skin. Using one or two fingers massage into the face and neck in an upward direction, avoiding the eyes.
- Apply morning and night prior to moisturizing
- Use 2-3 times a week
- Other beneficial ingredients include Aloe Vera and Black Currant Oil.
- Proudly New Zealand made
Rotorua Mud, Face Mask (from New Zealand)
This product really delivers what it promises from the product description below. Every time I use Rotorua Mud on my face, it leaves it feeling clean, soft and refreshed. I always look forward to treating my face with this product.
- The ultimate treatment for your skin.
- It contains the absolute maximum content of Rotorua’s geothermal mud in its purest form and is enhanced with Active AAH650+ Manuka honey.
- The mud is creamy and velvety smooth and full of highly concentrated natural minerals to make it extremely therapeutic as well as detoxifying, purifying, healing and also remineralizing.
- When combined with the powerful antibacterial and antioxidant properties of Manuka honey, it works to deeply cleanse the skin and restore tone and vitality so that your complexion is noticeably refreshed and revived.
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen
One side effect of having Lupus is sun sensitivity, so it is very important for me to wear sunscreen every day. Being in the sun can cause a flare for someone living with Lupus. It is therefore key to stay out of the sun, however, if you are going to be indirectly in the sun, good protection is key.
The blue Lizard is a good sunscreen and works well for sensitive skin. It is very important for me to use products that will not further irritate my skin. This product works, it is however very thick and hard to remove. You won’t look cute wearing it, however it gets the job done.
The Blue Lizard Regular Sunscreen SPF 30 is a zinc oxide formula and this sun protection cream from Australia is dermatologist recommended.
- Water-resistant up to 80 minutes.
- Scent: Unscented
- Health Facts: Mineral-based, aluminum-free, dye-free
- Active Ingredient Strength Value: 8.0 milligrams
- Product Form: Lotion
- Primary Active Ingredient: Octinoxate
- Wellness Standard: Aluminum-free, dye-free
- SPF: 30
- Beauty Purpose: Sun protection
- Features: Broad-spectrum protection
Huilarunte Savon Noir, Black Soap (from Morocco)
While in Morocco I had the pleasure of having a Traditional Moroccan Hammam treatment (see my Moroccan post). This treatment uses black soap and a special glove to remove dead cells and impurities from your skin. This treatment leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed.
- The black soap prepares the skin for scrubbing
- Facilitates the exfoliation with the scrub gloves (seen below) that is used with this treatment
- From beautiful Rotorua, New Zealand comes this lush soothing mask that combines mud from the Rotorua geothermal springs with New Zealand Manuka Honey. Rotorua Mud offers all the advantages of Dead Sea Mud, but without the environmental devastation that results from mining the Dead Sea
- Rotorua Mud, sometimes referred to as the New Zealand Fountain of Youth, is packed with beneficial minerals and vitamins that help improve your skin’s elasticity and may help minimize the appearance of pores for a youthful and beautiful glow. Rotorua Mud draws impurities and excess oils from the skin, feeding, restoring, and creating a luxurious feel
- Manuka Honey is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and oligosaccharides. Manuka Honey may promote healing and helps retain hydration, providing effective anti-aging activities
The “Kessa” Scrub Glove (from Morocco)
During my Hammam bath in Morocco, the ‘Kesse’ glove was used with the black soap, it was ideal for exfoliating my skin. It left my skin feeling silky smooth.
- The “Kessa” glove is used in the traditional Moroccan Hammam bath.
- It is made with high-quality granular fabric with cotton stretch terry cuff.
- The rough texture helps to eliminate dead skin and stimulate blood circulation
- It is used to scrub the skin after being coated with black soap
- Rinse the hammam glove after use and hang to dry.
. Simply scrub your body with this hammam exfoliating mitt and it will remove the outer layer of dead skin as well as remove pore-clogging impurities and toxins from deep within.
Jamaica Jue, Aloe Vera
The story behind me buying this product was, we were on a family vacation in Jamaica. After being in Jamaica for 24 hours my husband was in so much pain from being badly sunburned. We found this Aloe Vera gel that relieved the unbearable pain from the burns and he was able to enjoy the rest of his vacation. Since then we have used it for insect bite, burns, mosquito bites etc.
- Made from the aloe vera plant
- This product is used for Sunburn, although it can also be used for other treatments.
- Aloe vera gel can reduce the pain and swelling you experience during sunburn.
- It acts as a protective layer on the skin and help replenish moisture.
Verveine, Body Salt Scrub by L’OCCITANE en Provence (from France)
I love quite a few products from L’Occitane, but their Verveine Body Salt Scrub is one of my favorite. I bought this body scrub at the airport in France, waiting for my flight home. It was a birthday treat to myself. It is a fantastic product, my skin feels brand new every time I use it. It’s absolutely a must-have, it’s so good.
- This body scrub exfoliates the skin thanks to a blend of Mediterranean Sea salts and nourishing oils.
- Enriched with Verbena extract from Provence, it helps remove dead skin cells and leaves skin feeling fresh.
- Leaves skin soft, smooth and delicately perfumed with a sparkling citrus fragrance.
- It comes with a wooden scoop, which makes it easy to collect the scrub for use.
Carbamide Fugtigheds Lotion 10% (from Denmark)
Image is taken from matas.dk
When I was living in Denmark, this was one of my favorite products. It was introduced to me by my mother-in-law, and I fell in love with it. Living in a nordic country the weather can be very hard on your skin. This lotion helped to keep my skin very moisturized. I only needed to use it once a day.
I loved this lotion so much, that even when I moved from Denmark to the US, I would get my family and friends to take a few with them, when they were coming to visit. Or when I was visiting Denmark it was always, definitely on my shopping list to take back with me.
- A moisturizing lotion
- It is made especially for extra dry skin
- This nourishing lotion penetrates quickly and helps to bind moisture in the skin.
- This lotion makes your skin feel soft and looks healthy.
- Carbamide is very good at helping to absorb water in your skin.
Disclaimer – Please note, I am not being paid to advertise for any of these beauty products. Buy and use it at your peril.
If you are interested in trying any of these products, most of them can be bought online.